- Development and maintenance of an Individual Support Plan (ISP).
- Identifying needed services and locating qualified providers.
- Locating and coordinating funding for needed services.
- Monitoring services to ensure delivery and progress toward goals.
- Ensuring health and safety.
There are four major types of developmental delays — cognitive, sensorimotor, speech and language, and socioemotional — with the first signs often appearing before the age of 2. Learn more about what those signs are and how early intervention can help.